How much does a solar panel system cost?
Each rooftop is different, so we prefer to come out to visit your home to provide a custom estimate. Some factors that influence the cost include your available, unshaded roofspace and how much energy you generally use annually. Your energy costs determine how quickly you can recoup your investment. Most companies only sell solar and do not offer other energy saving products before proposing a larger than needed solar power system. Anthem can also help you with additional energy saving systems to reduce your overall use throughout your home, and propose the right sized solar system for you.
What brand solar panels does Anthem use?
Anthem chooses SolarWorld solar panels, made in America for more than 40 years and uniquely recognized as America’s solar leader. They use only the highest-quality components and materials from reputable and proven American suppliers. Each SolarWorld panel is manufactured and produced in its state-of-the-art facility in Oregon. With a commitment to excellence, these solar panels and installations consistently meet or exceed the most stringent performance, environmental and employment standards.
Should I lease or own my solar panels?
At Anthem, we absolutely believe that purchasing your solar panels is the best and most cost-effective option for the long run. These are some of the strongest arguments against leases or power purchase agreements (PPA):
- You typically pay more overall for a lease and also are still responsible for the maintenance, monitoring and insurance (not the leasing company).
- You forfeit the 30% tax credit, any applicable cash rebate and you won’t receive tax deductible interest on your lease payments (the leasing company gets these benefits).
- Most if not all $0 down solar leases include an annual payment escalator that will increase your monthly payment by up to 2.9% per year, every year for 20 years.
- After 20 years of lease payments, you still won’t own the system
- You may have a much more difficult time selling your house. Who wants to assume your lease payments on what may be outdated solar panels when they could buy the latest technology and receive the 30% rebate?
We believe that purchasing your solar panels is a better choice than leasing. We are happy to provide a custom quote for both options to review with you.
Can I get financing for solar panels?
Our goal is to help you achieve a more energy efficient home and there are great options for financing solar panels. Anthem is certified to work with government partnership programs including YGrene and HERO, which provide 0% down, paid through property taxes and up to 18 months deferred. Synchrony Financial provides a range of financing options to fit individual needs. There are also a variety of rebates and tax credits and Anthem can help you determine which might be available for you.